Columbia University Archives
 

Faculty Meeting Minutes, 1864-2011

Series VII. School of Law, 1880-1977

The study of law at Columbia University dates back to its founding in 1754 as King's College in Lower Manhattan. In 1793, James Kent was named the first professor of law at Columbia. The School of Law, as a separate faculty, started in 1858, as one of the first independent law schools in the nation.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, only Columbia affiliates may view materials on-site. After clicking 'Submit Request', affiliates will login with their UNI and password. Appointments are required and will be arranged according to each individual repository's policy.




Volume 95 1880 November to 1915 October



Volume 96 1916 February to 1934 June



Volume 97 1934 October to 1944 June



Volume 98 1944 October to 1953 May



Volume 79 1953 September to 1956 June



Volume 80 1956 September to 1959 October



Volume 81 1959 November to 1961 June



Volume 82 1961 October to 1963 May



Volume 83 1963-1966



Volume 84 1966-1967



Volume 85 1969-1970



Volume 86 1970-1971



Volume 87 1971-1972



Volume 88 1972-1974



Volume 89 1974-1975



Volume 90 1975-1976



Box 8 Folder 2 1976-1977