Columbia University Archives
 

Health Sciences Historical Collection, 1767-2005, bulk 1867-2004

Series II: Columbia University Medical Center, 1876-2002

This series contains press clippings and press releases documenting the evolution of the medical center; reports considering the affiliation with the College of Physicians and Surgeons; and extensive materials from the twenty-fifth anniversary. There are meeting minutes of the Joint Advisory Board and site plans from the Joint Administration Board of the College of Physicians and Surgeons and Presbyterian Hospital.

External users and Columbia affiliates may view materials on-site at RBML. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, only Columbia affiliates may view materials on-site at Avery, Starr, and Burke. After clicking 'Submit Request', users will login with their UNI and password (Columbia affiliates) or their special collections account (external users). Appointments are required and will be arranged according to each individual repository's policy.




Box 5 Folder 6 General, 1876-1973


Box 5 Folder 7 Breaking of Ground and Dedication Ceremonies, 1925-1930


Box 5 Folder 8 Clippings, 1910-1918


Box 5 Folder 9 Bicentennial Fund for the Medical Sciences, 1953-1954


Clippings


Box 5 Folder 10-12 General, 1921-1931, (3 folders)



Box 6 Folder 1-4 General, 1932-2004, (4 folders)


Box 6 Folder 5-7 Research, 1947-2000, (3 folders)


Box 6 Folder 8 Joint Administrative Board, 1925-1928


Committee on Plans


Box 6 Folder 9-11 Minutes, 1923 April-1927 April (3 folders), 1923 April



Box 7 Folder 1 Minutes, 1927 May-1928 September, 1927 May


Box 7 Folder 2-6 Minutes, 1921-1952 May (5 folders), 1921-1952



Box 8 Folder 1-2 Minutes, 1952 September-1971 April (2 folders), 1952


Box 8 Folder 3-5 Press Releases, 1944-1975, (3 folders)


Box 8 Folder 6-8 Research, 1945-1995, (3 folders)


Publications



Box 9 Folder 1-3 General, 1924-2002, (3 folders)


Box 9 Folder 4-6 Reports, 1913-1953, (3 folders)


Box 9 Folder 7 Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Medical Center Dedication, 1953