|Avery Drawings & Archives Collections|
At a Glance
Architectural drawings (no longer in current use by Facilities Management), transferred to the Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library from the Dept. of Facilities Management pertaining to proposals, construction, alteration and addition of properties formerly used or owned, and buildings demolished or still extant. The dates of the materials span 1895 to today. The drawings include plans showing the heating and ventilation systems, electrical and plumbing details, and some original construction materials. Some of the buildings represented in this collection are: Avery Hall; Earl Hall; St. Paul's Chapel; Teachers College; Low Library; Ferris Booth; and Uris Hall, as well as details of fences; steps; statues; and bronze railings. Some of the architects hired by the University include McKim, Mead & White, Howells & Stokes, James Gamble Rogers, and Allen & Collens, as well as builder and architect R. Guastavino Co. who was responsible for the domes and vaults of St. Paul's Chapel, Earl Hall, and the Van Amringe Memorial
This is the host record for which 1 separate RLIN VIM record was created to describe drawings for St. Paul's Chapel. The RLIN ID number is NYDA96-F555. The accession numbers are 1995.012.00001 through.00012
Using the Collection
Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Permission to publish materials must be obtained in writing from the director of Avery Library.
The Columbia University, Dept. of Facilities Management, architectural drawings, Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University.
Ownership and Custodial History
Transferred from the Dept. of Facilities Management, Columbia University.
About the Finding Aid / Processing Information
Columbia University Libraries, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
History / Biographical Note
Biographical / Historical
The Dept. of Facilities Management is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the University buildings and grounds.