Rare Book & Manuscript Library
 

Librarians' Portraits collection, bulk 1880s-1950s

Summary Information

At a Glance

Call No.: MS#2018
Bib ID 14904821 View CLIO record
Creator(s)
Title Librarians' Portraits collection, bulk 1880s-1950s
Physical Description 6.72 Linear Feet (16 document boxes)
Language(s) English .
Access

This collection is located on-site

Arrangement

Arrangement

Arranged in one A-Z sequence

Description

Scope and Contents

A large collection of portraits of librarians.

Using the Collection

Rare Book and Manuscript Library

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is located on-site

Preferred Citation

Identification of specific item; Date (if known); Librarians' Portraits Collection; Box and Folder; Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Columbia University Library.

Related Materials

New York State Library School Records.Series III. Columbia University Libraries.

Melvil Dewey Papers. Columbia University Libraries.

About the Finding Aid / Processing Information

Columbia University Libraries, Rare Book and Manuscript Library

Subject Headings

The subject headings listed below are found in this collection. Links below allow searches at Columbia University through the Archival Collections Portal and through CLIO, the catalog for Columbia University Libraries, as well as ArchiveGRID, a catalog that allows users to search the holdings of multiple research libraries and archives.

All links open new windows.

Subject

Heading "CUL Archives:"
"Portal"
"CUL Collections:"
"CLIO"
"Nat'l / Int'l Archives:"
"ArchivedGRID"
Librarians -- New York (State) -- New York Portal CLIO ArchiveGRID
Libraries -- New York (State) -- New York. Portal CLIO ArchiveGRID
Portraits Portal CLIO ArchiveGRID

History / Biographical Note

Biographical / Historical

This collection of photographs of librarians was transferred to RBML when the School of Library Service was closed in 1992. A good bit of the collection appears to have been assembled at the New York State Library School, Albany and presumably was part of the collection brought to Columbia in 1926, when the Albany school was merged into the new School of Library Service.