|Avery Drawings & Archives Collections|
At a Glance
Drawings are listed first, followed by photographic materials, then printed paper.
Scope and Content
This collection contains original drawings by architect Richard J. Neutra and black and white interior and exterior photographs taken by an unidentified photographer of the Mr. and Mrs. Jan De Graaff residence in Portland, Oregon, designed by architect Richard J. Neutra in 1940. Also included is a portion of an article about the residence from House and Garden, February 1942.
Using the Collection
Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
Restrictions on Access
This collection is available for use by appointment in the Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University. For further information and to make an appointment, please email email@example.com.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Permission to publish must be obtained in writing from the Director, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University, 1172 Amsterdam Ave., MC 0301, New York, NY 10027.
Richard J Neutra / Jan De Graaff Residence architectural drawings and photographs. Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library. Columbia University, New York, NY.
Richard J. Neutra / Kaufmann Desert House architectural drawings and photographs, Dept. of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Jan De Graaff. Accession number--1981.007.
About the Finding Aid / Processing Information
Columbia University Libraries, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
Papers Processed AvR 12/2007.
2007-01-15 File created.
2009-07-16 File revised.
2019-05-20 EAD was imported spring 2019 as part of the ArchivesSpace Phase II migration.
History / Biographical Note
Biographical / Historical
In 1940, Jan De Graaff, founder of Oregon Bulb Farms, commissioned California architect Richard J. Neutra to design a home for his family at 1900 Palatine Road in Portland, Oregon.