|Avery Drawings & Archives Collections|
At a Glance
This collection includes Giorgio Cavaglieri's preliminary studies, working drawings, presentation drawings, and specifications, circa 1962-1965, for his renovation of the Jefferson Market Courthouse into a library. Also, prints of drawings, 1876, by Vaux and Withers for the original building, and drawings, circa 1918-1940, for alterations.
Using the Collection
Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
Restrictions on Access
This collection is available for use by appointment in the Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University. For further information and to make an appointment, please email email@example.com.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Gift to Avery Library from Giorgio Cavaglieri, 1975.006.
About the Finding Aid / Processing Information
Columbia University Libraries, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
History / Biographical Note
Biographical / Historical
The Jefferson Market Courthouse in Greenwich Village, New York City, was designed by Vaux and Withers in 1877. Cavaglieri renovated the building to become a branch of the New York Public Library; the renovation was completed in 1967.