|Avery Drawings & Archives Collections|
At a Glance
Included are approx. 7,000 architectural drawings, circa 1910s-1940s, for projects designed by Delano & Aldrich, including La Guardia Airport in New York; several buildings at Yale University; Willard Straight Hall at Cornell University; various buildings at United States Military Academy at West Point; the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.; alterations to the White House; numerous residences throughout the New York City metropolitan area, particulary the Dwight W. Morrow house in Englewood, N.J., the J.A. Burden house in Syosset, N.Y., and the Willard D. Straight house on East 92nd Street in New York City; and various schools, churches, and residential structures throughout the United States. Rendered competition drawings are included. Drawings made by William Adams Delano while a student at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, Paris, circa 1900. Also, 6 boxes of photographs of Delano & Aldrich completed projects, chiefly residential structures.
Using the Collection
Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
Restrictions on Access
This collection is available for use by appointment in the Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University. For further information and to make an appointment, please email email@example.com.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Permission to publish must be obtained in writing from the Director, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University, 1172 Amsterdam Ave., MC 0301, New York, NY 10027.
Delano & Aldrich architectural drawings, photographs, and papers, circa 1900-1949. Located in the Dept. of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Various gifts and purchases.
About the Finding Aid / Processing Information
Columbia University Libraries, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
History / Biographical Note
Biographical / Historical
Architectural firm. Delano & Aldrich was founded in 1903 in New York City. William Adams Delano and Chester H. Aldrich were partners in the firm.