|Avery Drawings & Archives Collections|
Table of Contents
Container ListView All
Series I: Photographs
Sub-series 2: Memorials and Mausoleums
Sub-series 5: Office Buildings
Sub-series 7: Group Housing and Industrial
Sub-series 9: Medical Buildings
Sub-series 10: Colleges and Universities
Sub-series 11: Elementary and High Schools
Series II: Drawings, Renderings, and Site Plans
Sub-series 3: Religious Buildings
Sub-series 4: Elementary and High Schools
Sub-series 5: Colleges and Universities
Sub-series 6: Office Buildings
Sub-series 7: Medical Buildings
Sub-series 8: Memorials and Mausoleums
Sub-series 9: Group Housing and Industrial
Sub-series 10: Civic Buildings
Sub-series 11: United States Naval Training School and Ships
At a Glance
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of 2,924 photographs and 1,327 drawing reproductions of architectural projects by the firm of John Russell Pope, and later Eggers & Higgins.
Using the Collection
Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is available for use by appointment in the Department of Drawings & Archives, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, Columbia University. For further information and to make an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Removed from the collection and now housed in Avery Classics are albums assembled by John Russell Pope during European travels as source material and retained by the architectural firm of Eggers & Higgins as visual resources.
The collection was transferred from University of Wisconsin-Green Bay's David A. Cofrin Library to Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library at Columbia University in 2017.
About the Finding Aid / Processing Information
Columbia University Libraries, Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library
This collection was processed by Amanda Morrow (Graduate Intern) in 2018-2019 under the supervision of Shelley Hayreh, Avery Archivist.
History / Biographical Note
Biographical / Historical
Eggers & Higgins was a New York architectural firm partnered by Otto Reinhold Eggers (1882–1964) and Daniel Paul Higgins (1886–1953). The pair were longtime associates of Pope in the firm he founded in 1903 as the Office of John Russell Pope, Architect. They changed the name of the firm to Eggers & Higgins in 1937, soon after Pope's death.